Client: David Bailey Furniture Systems
Services: Marketing consultancy; website restructure & expansion; social media management; SEO; blog writing; case studies; email marketing; PPC; videos
Sector: Healthcare furniture
David Bailey Furniture Systems (DBFS) had been established since the early 1980s and wanted to reach out to a wider audience of architects and construction companies to scale-up their business. Previously their sales had mainly come by word-of-mouth referrals, but in order to achieve ambitious growth objectives, they required a new strategy.
In 2018, DBFS conducted a competitive tender and chose Insight to develop and implement a marketing strategy and implementation plan to achieve these objectives. This was for review after six months, and based on results has been reviewed and the contract extended.
The campaign we created was approved and is managed by Insight for DBFS and includes the following:
- Restructuring and simplifying the website, segmenting into two main business areas and developing fast access for easy navigation
- Social Media promotion to reach new audiences where we set up and manage social media channels on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and the personal LinkedIn channel for the MD, Trevor Gillman.
- Creating a content strategy for all platforms and writing regular informative, advisory and educational articles about all aspects of healthcare furniture.
- Visiting, interviewing, videoing and writing case studies for major sales and utilising for a cohesive promotion campaign.
- Creating a regular email campaign to architects & construction contractors (key audience buyers and influencers) of news and informative articles.
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising on Google and Facebook linked to content programme.
- Total management of the website as the central resource for all the above.
- Creation of the online Architects Centre to become a one-stop-information-centre for architects working at home during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Ongoing search engine optimisation (SEO) campaign to ensure DBFS ranked top in major search engines for all their key words.
- Promoting all materials generated across all channels to maximise return on marketing investment.
300% increase in web traffic – 20% increase in sales
The key initiatives implemented to support the campaign revolved around:
Website design, build and restructure
David Bailey’s business had two distinct target markets: healthcare and education. Originally this was combined into one website with considerable overlap and confusion. We worked with David Bailey to simplify and restructure the website into two separate sites so they could each target the two different target markets. In addition, analysis of traffic showed low penetration with users viewing a maximum of just three pages, restructuring the site and adding an easy to locate navigation, increased page depth viewed to over 12 per visitor, within a 6 month period.
Marketing plan to deal with Covid-19 lockdown
In April 2020, when the Covid-19 lockdown was in place, we designed and built an online Architect Centre for the David Bailey website. The objective was to reach the target audience of architects with resources and information they could easily access and download while they were working at home, allowing them to specify and request proposals for healthcare furniture installations. After this section was complete it was the most visited section on the website, resulting in several sales to NHS hospital facilities for healthcare furniture, needed during the pandemic.
Social media reach
We extended DBFS’s social media reach from just Facebook, to include Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, where many architects already had a significant presence. The creation of valuable evergreen content on the website meant that the target audience was regularly seeing informative articles and resources through the social media channels and became aware of DBFS as a leading supplier. This led to a major increase in traffic to the website of over 300% in the first eighteen months and led to DBFS winning larger contracts.